Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beautiful Birkenstocks


Birkenstocks have to be the best everyday shoes on this plant. I got my first pair as a birthday present almost two years ago and love them. I have put MANY miles on them including trips to New York, D.C., San Diego (where I did TONS of walking) and running around my college campus. I have also done an AIDS walk in them and even hiked mountains in them. In all honesty they do hurt a bit when you first get them but soon enough they mold to your feet and are crazy comfortable. My mother actually found these on sale and picked them up for me. I couldn't really object as they are pretty cute, perfect for summer, and my old pair are pretty dodgy (I refuse to get rid of them though). I think that Birkenstocks get kind of a bad rap by the people that think of them as either hippie sandals or the clunky man-sandals that your dad likes to wear with socks, but they actually come in cute styles. If I had a million dollars I would totally be sporting the Florida sandal in stone and the Gizeh sandal in antique lace.  

P.S. My new pair is the Madrid in emerald isle and my first pair was the Sydney-- which is like the Arizona but with thinner straps.

Sincerely, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment